Chiropractic Care for the entire family
Chiropractic is the healthcare science which focuses on the relationship between the structure (primarily the spine) and the function (as coordinated by the nervous system) and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health. The main focus is on the detection and correction of subluxations to optimize health.
Dr. Sullivan treats the whole body, not just the neck and back. Chiropractic is based more in the prevention of injuries, but Dr. Sullivan is extremely successful in treating those injuries that occur. Once you have recovered from your injury, his goal is to teach you how to prevent any future injuries.
Dr. Sullivan uses a variety of full spine adjusting techniques, as well as Activator assisted adjustments. The use of the Activator instrument is to perform the physical adjustment, not specific to the Activator Method. This is used mainly on smaller areas or bones, for example hands, sinuses, infants, and elderly.
Dr. Sullivan uses a variety and sometimes a combination of therapeutic modalities to help your body. These modalities include:
- Cryotherapy (ice packs) - help reduce swelling and pain
- Moist Heat - increase circulation, relax muscles and joints
- Electric Muscle Stimulation - reduce muscle spasms, increase muscle tone, and promote healing
- Intersegmental Traction - increase joint mobility, circulation and reduce nerve irritation
- Myofascial Release - reduce scar tissue formation, muscle spasms and increase muscle tone and range of motion
- Exercise Therapy - speeds rehabilitation, increases muscle and joint strength
Radiographic Evaluation: X-Rays are taken on site as needed
Every patient is unique. Dr. Sullivan takes the time to get to know his patients and goes through a thorough first visit to uncover what the true ailment is. Once he has a clear understanding, he then prescribes a treatment plan to help the patient maintain a healthy and active life.
We offer a variety of services to treat common conditions and injuries. We encourage you to learn more about what we provide and how we can help. If you have any questions, please contact us by calling (704) 547-1800. We're always happy to hear from you!
- Chiropractic Massage Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation Therapy
- Adjustments & Manipulation
- Common Chiropractic Conditions
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Ice Pack Cryotherapy
- Therapeutic Exercise